Half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herding space pirate

Monday, November 07, 2005

No need to argue....

Parents just don't understand.

So i make one of my 4 or 5 trips back out to visit the parental units this past weekend, and my dad worked me to death. had i not slept in till noon on saturday im fully convinced i would have been working all day. i mean its bad enough i work an 8 hour day and then drive 5 hours after work to come see them, so usually saturday i'm beat. dad decides he wants to work on his new carport and "winterize" it. GREAT. so me and my bro stand then and get verbally berated while holding this stupid piece of siding up for about 3 hours till the old man gets it how he wants it. after that he wants to check my car out and make sure its ready for winter.... MY car... that I own.... grrrrr. and just after lunch and before i head back on sunday he asks me to help him straighten out some shrub that the snow bent over last winter... well the "shrub" is 10 ft tall and against a wall which made it near impossible to move... not to mention im sore from the previous days' work and cant push damn trees back into place. from now on trips home will have to be un-announced and then maybe i can avoid the "drudgery".

if u excuse me now i'll be asleep for the rest of the week...

5 Comments:

  • Dude, I know how you feel. My dad used to take full advantage of those weekends where I had friends over. He saw it as extra hands to "lighten the load." You don't know how many times I asked if I could stay at a friends' house so we didn't have to do stupid chores.

    By Blogger Stan, at 9:41 AM  

  • can't wait to trap my own progeny in the pitfalls of doing my work for me.... mwa ha ha

    By Blogger daveT, at 1:41 PM  

  • yay i love SPAM!

    By Blogger daveT, at 7:57 AM  

  • The Smoke Flavored SPAM is best. I haven't tried the BBQ Flavored SPAM, but I can tell you that the low salt SPAM is horrible. It probably isn't good for you either since salt is a natural preservative.

    By Blogger Stan, at 11:24 AM  

  • i had some sort of honey or honey mustard flavored that was decent... the spam LITE wasn't so great.

    By Blogger daveT, at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home